Once again the New Year is upon us and it’s out with the old and in with the new. Or so we hope. Overall I would say 2014 was an amazing year and I cannot believe that 2015 is just hours away.
Some of 2014’s highlights:
- Interned with The Dallas Morning News for 6 months; had two A1 stories.
- Had an amazing 22nd birthday and celebrated with some of my closest friends and family.
- Made some great new friends in Dallas and strengthened current friendships.
- Met Nordstrom CEO Blake Nordstrom.
- Met Georgetown professor and MSNBC political analyst Michael Eric Dyson.
- Went to the On the Run Tour and saw Beyoncé live for a second time.
- Went to Las Vegas with close friends.
- Visited the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY with my parents.
- Briefly met Alex Pettyfer.
- Traveled to Houston as a finalist for the Hearst Journalism Fellowship.
- Started taking ballet classes after a 6-year hiatus.
- Began working as an assistant editor for trade publication Farran Media.
For some reason the thought of 2015 really scares me. I’ve been out of college for a year and I feel like this year will truly decide the course of my life (at least for the next few years). I turn 23 in 4 months and I feel like in a way I’m leaving my 20s behind.
I’m currently doing some contract work with Farran Media and I’m hoping this will turn into a full-time job. Although I lived on my own for 6 months in Dallas, I wasn’t 100% self-sufficient. I’m hoping that will become a reality in 2015. I want to maintain and strengthen my current relationships with friends and family as well as reconnect with people I don’t talk to as much as I used to.
I am so glad I started taking ballet classes again. Not only is ballet fun, it’s a great way to stay in shape. I wish I never took a break but I’m not taking another one any time soon.
In short, if 2015 is anything like 2014 I know I’ll have a great year.
Happy New Year everyone!